Outbound marketing is just that – out – and today’s “in” tool for business marketing is inbound marketing. Inbound marketing is the act of promoting a company through blogs, online newsletters, whitepapers, social media, and other forms of content marketing which serve to bring customers in my giving them something in exchange.
Still, it’s almost every day that I find myself trying to convince a potential client about the benefits of inbound marketing and content marketing. So, I compiled a few stats to share with them, and with you. Here are some facts you might not know about inbound marketing and the way consumers feel about it:
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get information in a series of articles versus an advertisement. (Exact Target)
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are also more likely to buy from that company. (Custom Content Council)
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful. (McMurry/TMG)
- 78% of consumers believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. (McMurry/TMG)
- 50% of consumer time online is spent engaging with custom content. (HubSpot)
These stats should be easy to believe, too, especially if you’ve spent time online reading a company’s blog or social media posts to gain new information or perspective on something. I know I have! If you and your business are not maximizing the power of inbound, content marketing for the best results, just contact me for more information on how I can help you do just that.